Sunday

I just finished my first free motion machine quilted client quilt - and I think it turned out great.  My very first client, Shirley, was so thrilled she gave me several more to do.   She was happy with the quilting design and ecstatic about the super low quilting fee.  She was happy to benefit from my "practice" pricing.




I have been quilting for 25 years and machine quilting for just about as long, but this has been my first time machine quilting on a frame.  There is a definite learning curve.  But I love it!

I did the sewing on a domestic Singer sewing machine, but I have ordered off Ebay a Pfaff Expression 2.0 with a 10" throat space.  Right now the Singer only has a 7" throat space from the right of the needle.  I think this will help a lot.




The quilt pattern is Dresden Plate and was pieced nicely, so it layed nice and flat.  That made it nice to quilt.

I stippled around the applique dresden plates and on all the borders I did a free style free motion heart pattern.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP