Found a snack in the greenhouse - cats are a good thing

Tuesday

The good news is that the seeds are sprouting and the seedlings are starting to look like real plants. I have tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, parsley, onion, green beans, green peppers and strawberries.

The bad news is there was a snake out in the greenhouse today. Fortunately it was a dead snake, killed by the cat.  Looks like the common garter snake, but it still gives me that creepy feeling.  And I was very tentative  while watering.


Mr friend told me not to plant strawberries, because snakes love them, but I know it's not the strawberries yet because the plants are not up yet.  I guess this is just  the little added bonus that gardens bring.  A little organic bonus
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Michelle April 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Eeeek! I hate snakes LOL. Lucky for me I have an outside cat that takes care of those pesky problems also.

Anonymous,  April 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

Wish I could have seen my sister flip when she came across a live snake in my parents greenhouse 2 summers ago. Would have been fun for me :-)

Unknown April 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Check the eyes. (The snakes eyes!!!) Nonvenomous snakes usually have a round pupil in the eye. Venomous snakes in the U.S. (except for the coral snake) have an elliptical pupil like a cat's eye. Enjoy your snack!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP