Exercise and Mood - Can Movement and endorphins help me feel better?

Tuesday

Most of the day has been great, but then I started feeling a little down. Just letting some of the stresses of the day affect my mood. I would usually go straight to the chocolate or even ice cream, but this time I decided to get up and exercise.

So I got on my Gazelle and did some brisk exercise. I do have to admit that I did feel a little bit better - probably the same effect that the chocolate would have done. But I have the added good feeling that I made a good choice, as opposed to the bad feelings I would have had if I had indulged in the sweet treat.

The say that when you exercise your brain releases endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine. That is what helps you feel better and ease some of the tensions. As little as 30 minutes of exercise can have the beneficial effects, with the good mood lasting up to 12 hours.

While it wasn't a "miracle cure" - just the fact that I made a better choice, made me feel so much better.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Ellen March 16, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

I'm finding the same thing to be true. Exercise definitely makes me feel better. Who would have thunk it?

Anonymous,  March 16, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

It took quite a few times but now I feel better after exercising. Way to go avoiding junk and taking exercise!

Lauralei March 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

thanks - it sure is a new concept for me :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP