Spring Fever - Glad to be walking the dogs in the Park - Exercise outside

Friday

I am so glad to be able to walk outside - it has been such springlike weather.  I spent the afternoon in the park with one of my dogs.

The best part about spring, aside from the weather, is the greater opportunity for exercise.  Walking in the park or along the road, tennis, and  swimming to name a few.

Of course another benefit of spring is the availability of fresh fruits and vegetables.  I have always planted a lot of plants, but this is my first full spring with the greenhouse.  I am starting my seeds next week (I will take pics and keep you updated on my progress).  It was a shame that the greenhouse boiler was so on again, off again throughout the winter - I wasn't able to utilize the greenhouse all winter long.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie March 20, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

What a beautiful park to walk in!! The weather looks nice too!

Lauralei March 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

it is a great park - i don't go there much - my grandfather used to take me there when i was a kid - so lots of great memories

Dominique March 21, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

What a beautiful park you have nearby. I spend most of my mornings working in a lab and by the time I get home the sun's starting to set. This past week has been gorgeous, it hit 18C this past Friday and then all of a sudden the next day it started snowing again! Today looks to be the same so plans for a trip to the zoo (which would have included lots of walking) have been put on the back burner :(

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP