The false guarantee of tomorrow - procrastination - diet and exercise

Sunday


I have relied on the false guarantee of tomorrow. Thinking that I will do this or do that tomorrow. This is especially true when it comes to what I am eating and how much I am moving.

I have given up the notion that I will eat now because I will start the diet on "Monday", but I am still struggling with making each bite count today.  Taking just a few more steps today.



"Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday."   Napoleon Hill



I am starting NOW to think in the moment.  Today is what is important when it comes to my health.  Today is the day to eat healthy and exercise more.  A better way of thinking is:  "Today makes tomorrow" 


"Build today, then strong and sure, With a firm and ample base;
And ascending and secure.   Shall tomorrow find its place. 


So today I did get my exercise in - one step in the Now.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM  

Sometimes it takes awhile to come to this realization. It took me 4+ months last year to get where I am today.

Jess March 7, 2010 at 2:06 AM  

That's GREAT! I'm so proud of you (and I know I don't even know you) but that's what we all have to do. Face reality head on and accomplish what we dream :)

Keep it up! And, HEY, there's nothing wrong with spending time at the computer. It's quite therapeutic sometimes.

Thanks for coming by and reading my posts. I really appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP