Spring is the best time for Natural Exercise - Planting Seeds

Wednesday

I have been getting some good exercise just because the weather is warmer.  I love Spring.  One thing that I have done this Spring is planted seeds - tomatoes, lettuce, onions, beans and spinach.  I bought strawberry plants too.  I love gardening itself, but I especially love all the exercise it gives me.

I also spent an afternoon raking leaves.  But the hardest workout I got was shoveling mulch.  My local park has huge piles of free mulch and compost.  It is a great program.  They chop up all the Christmas trees and other tree branches that they trim and have them available for any gardeners to use in their gardens.  There is also rich, dark compost from animal manure from the St. Louis Zoo.  Someone told me it was elephant dung, but either way, it is good stuff.

So I hired a neighborhood handyman and we loaded up the trailer and when to the park and spent about 2 hours shoveling mulch onto the trailer.  Boy did I work up a sweat.  And then of course we spent another hour unloading the mulch.

Springtime exercise is my favorite kind.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 31, 2010 at 6:04 AM  

Spring is so much better for exercise. I got my bike tuned up and took it out yesterday. Although it will be good for me I'm not looking forward to cleaning my yard :-)

Anonymous,  March 31, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

I second that! I've gotten some great exercise in planting...and building my garden!

Paul March 31, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Sounds like a nice workout!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP