Getting Fit for Free - or better yet Get Paid to Get Fit

Saturday

Many people pay money to get fit, and I know that I have too. But there are numerous ways to get fit that are free or ways to earn money as you get fit and lose weight. I know that you can add to my list.

FREE WAYS TO GET FIT:

1) Do your own chores - instead of paying someone to mow your law, clean your home or shovel your snow, do it yourself and get fit - before I was in Real Estate I ran a nanny business and you would be amazed at the people that hired babysitters to take their child for a walk in the park, hired gardeners to mow the lawn and maids to clean - so they could have more time to go to the gym and work out. I always found this ironic.

2) Enhance your cleaning or errands by wearing ankle weights or wrist weight

3) Don't conserve your steps - walk up and down the step EACH time you have something to take - I used to put things by the basement door and wait until I a pile ready to go before I made the trip - now I make the trip for one thing.

4) Spruce up your home - do extra vacuuming, raking, sweeping and get your house to sparkle as part of you exercise routine

5) Volunteer - help someone else out by walking their dog, doing their errands, raking the elderly neighbors leaves - you will get fit and feel good about yourself

6) Volunteer your exercise skills - offer free classes to friends - you all get fit and exercise together

7) Walk as many places as you can - to the store, to the quick mart to get a drink, to a neighborhood mail box to mail a letter

8) Volunteer at the local botanical garden or community garden - digging, raking, and planting is great exercise

MAKE MONEY GETTING FIT:

1) Get paid to walk a dog, raking leaves, shoveling snow or running errands

2) Mowing lawns - a friend of mine mowed 2 lawns a day mainly for the exercise and made money too

3) Be a crossing guard or a tour guide

4) Cleaning someone's home for pocket money and exercise
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 21, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

thank you for your comment :), I know the coconut butter looks well... you know lol but it is really tasty, I wanna use it when cooking meats, rice or pasta sauce. I am a cleaningaholic.. I clean to relax lol... Great ideas!!!

Dominique March 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Putting on ankle weights is an excellent idea while doing chores--especially while vacuuming or sweeping, the latter of which I really hate doing. Thanks so much for the tip and for dropping by my blog. I thought I'd do you the favour as well. I can't wait to read more of your posts :)

Anonymous,  March 21, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

I try and do more of my own stuff not just for the exercise but to save money. The last 3 winters I've been shoveling a lot of snow :-(

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP