Joining the Thin Club - Can a fat girl really join before she loses the all the weight?

Saturday

The thin club sometimes feels like it has a closed membership.  But what is the thin club?  A group of skinny girls I would think.  Women who get admiring glances, who people want to sit next to, or at least don't have to worry about being able to fit in the seat.  Your membership begins the day you make the commitment to change your life and start making healthier choices.  The day you commit to improving yourself and your body.

One of the main reasons for me to see myself in the thin club is so that I change my way of thinking.  That way as I am losing the weight, I am already picturing myself thin.  As I go through the process I am changing my subconscious mindset, and therefore avoiding gaining the weight back.  Thin thinking does not come naturally to me, it will be a process.

 Membership responsibilities include doing the mental, physical and behavioral steps necessary for permanent weight loss and all over general good health.  Members must avoid negative self talk, and instead do positive "thin" thinking affirmations like:
      I am a responsible thin club member.
      I have earned my thin club membership card.
      I like maintaining my thin body with good eating habits and exercise.


 Staying in the thin club takes work, like working on your eating habits, cutting back and replacing bad food choices with good ones.  Moving more throughout your daily routine as well as adding some structured exercise.  Banishing the negative self talk and adopting healthy affirmations.

Welcome to the thin club!
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

dave March 14, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Hey, you said you were looking for an online workout partner. Take a look at a website I have just built. www.LetsGoWorkout.com. We workout live every night, we have a blast, and are building a great community.

Sophia Lee March 14, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

I think that's a great attitude you have! Basically, don't make diet a taboo, or a scary thing. It's just a natural progress in life! :-)
AND having self-confidence and self-love!

Lauralei March 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

thanks Dave for the comment - i checked out your website and you guys are great - i would love to participate, but since i have a personal trainer 2 days and week and a member of curves - i don't want to put any more money out right now

Burp and Slurp - thanks for the encouragement - have to remember about the natural progress (process too)

Tammy March 15, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

And exactly how does one join the Thin Club??? lol :) Sounds like something I NEED!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP