Keeping things flowing - diet, constipation, low carb and more

Tuesday

Everyday I am finding a new reason to eat sensible and exercise.  Today I have two.

I have a habit of getting people started on things - I guess I am so enthusiastic that some people just like to jump right in with me.  This was the case about 5 weeks ago when I was desperate and decided to take one more shot at the Atkins High Protein diet.

Well, many of you will remember that I lasted about 2 weeks and felt lousy the whole time and on the second week i GAINED a pound.  My mother and my honey jumped right in and followed along, but when I jumped off, they stayed on.



My honey went to the doctor today and in the 5 weeks he lost 16 ounces - NOT pounds - ounces on the Low Carb plan. And my mother is in a worse state - she is 82 years old (and doesn't read this blog, so don't tell her I told you) and she hasn't had a bathroom movement in 3 days.

Boy oh boy am I glad that I am on my nice sensible plan of trying to watch what I eat, making it a nice healthy variety and moving a little more.

I think the two of them we join me soon :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous,  March 9, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

I did the Atkins 7 years ago and lost 55lbs. It was good at first but eventually got tired of eating mainly just meat. I'm much happier just eating sensibly like you said and moving more as this will be more doable lifetime than Atkins.

Lauralei March 9, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

I know - i was the same way - this was time 5 for me - 3 of the previous times i had lost 45 lbs - but go off of it and gain most, if not all of it back :(

Ellen March 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Healthy diets, where we get a nice balance of the right foods, not only work better in the long run but are easier to stay on. Personally, I prefer Weight Watcher's. I can eat what I like and when the time comes and I reach my goal I will have changed my lifestyle and hopefully will be able to keep the weight off. With Atkins, when I quit I gained it all back and then some.

Lauralei March 10, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

I have heard nothing but good about weight watchers :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP