Wake Up Early and Wake your Weight Loss - Be a Morning Person

Thursday

You are either a morning person or you are a night person, but does your weight play any role?  One thing I have discovered is that most all of my heavy friends are night people like me, while the thinner ones are all hopping out of bed in the morning.  So I got to wondering if there is something to this.

Now I know that I tend to snack late at night if I am up late, but I am not hungry in the morning.  Now this could be because I snack at night.  But on nights that I refrain from indulging in my late night snack, I am still not hungry in the morning.  I know all the gurus say that we should eat more in the morning and less as the day progresses.

Another fact that I hear repeated over and over is this:  you can lose better if you do your cardio exercises in the morning on an empty stomach.  The theory is that you will burn off fat and not any food and carbohydrates that you have eaten in the hours before the workout.  Now I have never tested this out, but I plan on testing it.  Cardio in the am and then strength training later in the day.  I think the exercise in the morning could get me energized and get me hungry for the nice big healthy breakfast that I probably should have.

The next problem is getting up in the morning when you are a night person.  So here are some tips I have been finding in cyberland:

*set the alarm at the same time each day
*don't worry about when you go to bed - go to be when you are tired and get up at the same time each day and your body will adapt - you will find the best bedtime for your needs
*don't over think getting up - just get up when the alarm goes off - the longer you lay there thinking about it, the more likely you are to go back to sleep
*have a glass of water by the bed and drink it first thing - this will probably make you want to get up to use the facilities and will also help wake you up
*wake up from the inside out - meaning program yourself to get up - at night set your alarm and your mental clock for the time you want to get up - you will find yourself waking up minutes before the alarm
*have a morning ritual
*use light to your advantage - turn on the light or go by the window right away

It is 1:00 am as I am writing this, so off to bed I go :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 18, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Even when I lose weight I'm still a night person but I do get up easier the more I lose.

I always leave my alarms set the same each day but for a different reason....I have forgotten to reset them and showed up late for work a few times!

Lauralei March 18, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

that is the worst feeling when you wake up late - i hate that initial feeling of panic

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP