Benefits of Atkins - low carb high protein diet

Wednesday

It is day 8 on the Atkins diet and I am thrilled at some of the benefits to my new lifestyle.


* No hunger - I am not hungry - I have often heard people say "I forgot to eat" and I could never understand how this could happen - now I do, it has happened to me this week

* No cravings - I do not crave the sweets and this is a major benefit for me.  I have the ultimate sweet tooth, especially when on a "diet" - this week has been amazing.

* Unlimited quantity - I have to admit that this is the main reason I chose this lifestyle - I can eat all I want of certain foods.  No counting calories or going to bed hungry.

* Fast Weightloss - of course this is the main reason - and not everyone will lose fast - but it has always worked that way for me.  7 pounds in my first week!


Each day I seem to find out something new about the diet!
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

emily February 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

You make it sound so incredibly easy! I feel like Carbs=my LIFE blood.

Seriously, if there aren't any carbs in a meal...even if its a big meal..I still feel like I'm not done or full.

It's an addiction. I know admitting it is the first step- but geesh I just don't think I could do it.

Good for you!!

Lauralei February 7, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

The best part about the low carb plan is the lack of cravings - and I have the biggest sweet tooth ever! but when you don't eat them, the cravings go away - it is true you never get the really full feeling - you just get tired of chewing :)

Anonymous,  February 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

I did the Atkins diet in 2003 and felt the same way.It's all the protein you usually eat on this diet that helps curb your hunger so well. My favorite thing to eat a ton of was bacon. Someone had a pic of bacon this week and I so wanted some!
John(previously commented with my blogger ID)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP