Weightloss and Blogging and everything else

Tuesday

I started this blog to help me lose weight - thinking that writing about my issues with food would help me figure out some of the answer to permanent weight loss.  Well, it has surely done that.

What surprises me is all the other things I am learning and all the interesting blogs and bloggers I meet along the way.  This week I have been heavy into researching blogs, getting traffic to blogs, etc.  I am really surprised how interesting I find all these "boring" details.

One website I have spent quite a lot of time reading is Technology Story.  Their motto is:"We will help you build your site for free and will teach you how to build them." Of course this website covers all different kinds of technology, (like the new IPad or IPhone). but I have been focusing on the blog related reading, like SEO (search engine optimization) which helps you get a better ranking in the search engines.  It has tons of tutorials and the best part is that most of them have videos - when your eyes get tired of reading you can watch a video.

One thing I learned from TechnologyStory.net was : "Instead of entering your URL into your browser, search Google for your site. Google is more apt to improve the ranking of a site that users seek and visit than one that gets no traffic from Google."  I am going to try that one.

All this research has sure kept me out of the kitchen!

Joomla, Wordpress, Template, Tutorial & Troubleshooting
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

I'm not able to read through that stuff lately. Got a bunch of blog building ideas bookmarked but that's as far as I've gone. I book marked Tech.Story :-)

Lauralei February 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

I am sticking to my lifestyle plan of cutting back and exercising more - i have my first Curves session today

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP