Walking and Walking - vibraton exercise machine at the home and garden show

Saturday

I went to the Home and Garden show this evening at the convention center and it was great fun.  We walked and we walked and we walked some more.   I guess that is one of the best things about it.  After 2 hours, when I was dead tired, I had to keep walking because I had to get through the rest of the displays and then walk the 4 blocks to the car.
One thing I saw, besides all the lovely plants and fancy patio setups, was an exercise machine that I had never heard of.  These machines use vibrations to tone muscle and claim to do it faster. Aggressive promoters also say the equipment improves flexibility and strength, reduces pain and stress, builds muscle and reverses osteoporosis. The type of exercise was actually generated for the Russian space program.


The person using the equipment merely gets onto a platform. They can stand, sit, lay down, or even focus the platform on certain body parts. This platform creates a vibration, which is sent through the body. In reflex the muscles contract. This causes tendons to stretch, and increases blood flow and improving blood oxygenation. This strengthens and tones them without effort on the person’s part. Since the vibrations get sent through the entire body, all the muscle groups are affected. Ultimately, the makers of the equipment claim that it will help increase range of motion, coordination, posture, bone density, and even decreases cortisol, the stress hormone. It is said to be relaxing, which lowers stress and can even eliminate tension related pain.

It reminds me of those old machines with the belts that giggled you all over.  I did not get on the machine at the home and garden show - but now I wish I had. One lady said that if felt like she was still moving after she got off.  And that it felt weird but good at the same time.
I just watched a few videos on you tube and saw people jiggling.  Interesting concept - wonder if it works.

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Michelle March 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

I gave you an award...Check out my blog!

Anonymous,  March 2, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

That machine looks weird. It reminded be of the old jiggle machine too. I don't know..

I wanted to let you know that I had to redo my blog, so I'm at a new location now...

Now, I need to catch up on your posts :)

savvymummy March 3, 2010 at 5:45 AM  

Hi, I'm using the vibration machine as part of my exercise routine and I'm finding it great! I'm actually testing to see if it does make a difference this time around!

http://thetruthaboutmyweightloss.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP