The No "S" Diet Book

Thursday

I just read about the No "S" Diet on this blog all natural weight loss blog.

The Amazon review is "Developed by a problem-solving software engineer who was tired of diets that are too hard to stick with, The No-S Diet has attracted a passionate following online thanks to its elegant simplicity-and its results. Unlike fad diets based on gimmicks that lead to short-term weight-loss followed by backsliding and failure, The No-S Diet is a maintainable life plan that reminds us of the commonsense, conscious way we all know we should be eating.

The book offers readers the tips, tricks, techniques and testimonials they'll need to stick with No-S for life"

There are just three rules and one exception:

* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds

Except (sometimes) on days that start with "S" -Saturday, Sunday and "Special" days. Special days include (your) national and (your) religious and (your) close family's and friend's birthdays. My apologies to atheists and non-native English speakers. A lean and hungry look becomes you.

Sick days also start with S. Though I don't imagine you'll be too hungry if you're really sick, you officially have license to do whatever it takes to get better.

No snacks is the rule that people seem to have the most trouble accepting. But the author thinks it's also the most important rule.

"People act as if snacking is this natural thing that would be cruel to deprive themselves of. But the truth is, historically speaking, snacking is a very recent eating behavior."
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

John February 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Just came across your site Tuesday. As for the no snacking thing on this No "S" I think he's wrong if you have already said no sweets,etc. But in the end I think anything that gets people to a better weight is good. There's so many of us and different things work for different people.

I don't snack but eat 4-6 smaller meals each day for instance and try and exercise. Worked three years ago wish I hadn't gone back to the crap!

http://challenges2010.wordpress.com/

Lauralei February 11, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

welcome John - i agree - the no snack may be a little overboard - I really need to work on the no second helpings part - i was just reading your blog - i like your style of writing

Anonymous,  February 11, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Hi Laura..

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I lost 154 lbs (gained back 60..since I started overeating again.)

During that period, I did not overeat. I used zero diet pills...zero organized plan. I'm a rebel at heart...lol.

I exercised 5-6 days per week.
I ate "healthy" food and "junk" food. I ate chocolate every single day. I have found that if I try to deprive myself I ended up overindulging eventually.

Good luck on your weight loss path :)

Lauralei February 11, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

I am going to follow your blog Lisa - because that is exactly what I need to do - just get back to normal - make a few different choices - more more

Anonymous,  February 11, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

This actually sounds like a sure fire way to help those who really want motivation. Weight loss is not an easy thing to talk about or confront. I have a few articles I have written on my blog about this topic. The web address is http://healthy-nutrition-facts.blogspot.com/.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP