The Induction Flu - Feeling Weak

Thursday

Here it is Day 9 on the Atkins, low carb high protein way of life and for most of the day I have felt really bad. The call it the "induction flu" because it really feels like you have the sickness.



Most of the time you feel weak and maybe a little nauseous for the first few days and then you feel better, get your energy back and feel better than ever. I felt weak the first few days, but nothing like this.


I have read that induction flu is simply the body burning its last remaining glucose and stored glycogen for energy, and suffering withdrawal effects. It is very similar to what happens when runners “hit the wall”.  Your body is basically detoxing from too many carbs, and glucose stores are depleted.

They say it is a good thing - it shows that the process is working and your body is going through withdrawal from sugar, caffeine and unrefined carbohydrates.

mmmmm.......... I am ready to graduate.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous,  February 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Hope you feel better after this phase!

Lauralei February 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

thanks jennie - i have started to feel a lot better - hopefully getting better and better each day - i like your blog!

stela February 6, 2010 at 4:26 AM  

Hii Jennie ..nice blog..the information provided here is really good. I like the pic of i am hungry..its really funny..add some more.......

Lauralei February 7, 2010 at 1:02 AM  

thanks stella - glad you like my blog - i try to provide as much info as i can

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP