Eating Less at the buffet

Friday

I did it! I ate less at the buffet.  This is one of the biggest challenges.  And I had only one helping and then a small sugar free dessert.  And I felt great. Did I want more?   You bet!!

Adsense code – single line within post = weightloss



All you can eat buffet tips:

** Hit the salad bar section first and fill up on the bulky low calorie items - watch the salad dressings though - go sparingly.

**Usually soup is high volume food that can fill you up without adding a great deal of calories. Studies have shown that people who eat a bowl of soup before a meal eat less with the main course.

**Pick the smallest plate available, usually the salad plate for all your courses.

**Eat slowly, stopping frequently to to chat with friends and to take a drink of water

**Decide, like I did, before you go to have one helping of the main course and load up on veggies and lean proteins. - watch for extra sauce, butter, etc that can add unwanted calories and fat.

**Indulge in fruit for dessert if possible, sugar free pies and cakes, or jello dishes.  And try to limit yourself to only one.

Enjoy the buffet!
KR337GUAVM86
Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Yelena February 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you beat those night munchies- they can be the absolute worst!

I think your list is great. I would also add that you should ask if the food is 'worth it' as some buffets are not of the best quality and you can enjoy something better tomorrow!

Lauralei February 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

actually it is midnight and i am having some watermelon - thought this might not be too bad :) good tip about quality foods

Unknown February 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

Hi, you stopped by blog earlier and asked me what Chai was.

Chai is a traditional Indian spiced tea, which is served with milk or cream, and usually sugar. I brew my own and use splenda in it. I also use only 1/2 cup of non-fat milk, and one teaspoon of vanilla creamer.

I like you tips for the buffet.

Lauralei February 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

thanks for the info on chai - we learn so many great things from blogging - i was just looking at some cooking blogs and i had to stop - makes me hungry - the last one was bite size chocolate cakes .... go figure.

Anonymous,  February 13, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

That is great. Buffets can do a real doozy on me. I always feel like I must get my money's worth. Ugh!! Bad thinking..

Mari February 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Hi hun =) thank you for stopping by my blog! Great job with the buffet!!!!!

to answer your question about the greek yogurt...I too have a very sweet tooth and my faves are oikos honey, chobani pineapple, honey or peach. And they taste great with PB mixed in lol

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP