My first day at Curves

Thursday

Well today was my first introduction to Curves.  I bought the Deal of the Day with Groupon which gave me 2 months for $25.

On my first visit today they asked all the informational and medical questions.  It was optional if I wanted to weight in or be measured. I chose to weigh in to compare it to my scale and home and I was pleasantly surprised to see that my scale is quite accurate (although, only if you stand on the scale backwards).  I did not chose to get measured, since I was recently measured.

The manager then showed me around and had me try out each machine.  There are ten of them set up in the circle with the steady pad in between each machine.  There is catchy music playing and every 30 seconds the voice comes on and says something like - it is time to switch machines.

So you do the strength training machines for 30 seconds and then you stand on the pad between the machines and walk in place or jog or any exercise you wish.  Going around one time on the 20 stations took 10 minutes, so I did 3 rotations for a total of 30 minutes.

You are allowed to go as many times a week as you would like, but they recommend 3 - 30 minute sessions a week.

All of the women, approximately 4, who were there at the time I was were slim.  You could look at this two ways, I guess. 1- curves is successful and people get in shape or 2 - only slim people workout there.  I will keep you posted on the different sizes and shapes as I continue with my two months.

Overall it was a good workout for me.  Even though I have been working out with a trainer for the last couple of months twice a week, I have sore muscles tonight.
Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

Ellen February 25, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

How wonderful that you are going to Curves. Exercise really does compliment your diet plan and the pounds should come off faster. My gym is filled with skinny minnies too. I look at them and wish I could trade bodies! But we will get there, right?

Lauralei February 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

i guess that is the best way to look at the skinny ones - inspiration - thanks

The Sassy Orange February 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

I know lots of rotund folks who have taken on the Curves challenge and have been very successful with it. I am sure you are going to do really well with it! :D

http://fattiefatterton.wordpress.com

Anonymous,  February 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

Way to go taking the plunge. Minnies are there sometimes to workout because they like it, sometimes to get in better shape and some are actually there to be able to be a little freer in their food and drink selections. According to folks where I worked out...we had all shapes and fitness level.

Veronica Lee February 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Thanks for the follow. Following your lovely blog now.

OC Fun Blog February 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM  

I have always wanted to try curves out. Keep us posted on your experience. Thanks for your follow.

Buckeroomama February 28, 2010 at 2:39 AM  

I visited a Curves here, too, and I liked it, except that it's a bit far from where I live. If it's nearer, I'd probably sign up for a membership. :)

Lauralei February 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

so far the curves is going good - i have only been there a few times - i like the social aspect of it

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP