No more crazy diets!

Monday

That is the plan - feeling so much better today.  Relieved to be off of the Diet Roller Coaster!   My energy is back and I am feeling healthier.

There are so many diets and the major problem I find with them is that the person diets for a period of time and then "goes off" the diet.  When I do this I tend to then crave foods I was avoiding and go on this extended binge.  I usually have the pre-diet binge as well, so that I am ready for the deprivation of the diet.

Eating normally I don't seem to experience these drastic highs and lows.

What I am working on now is taking it one day at a time - if I am really wanting something - I might have a little, or better yet, plan on having a little bit tomorrow.  When tomorrow comes most of the time I am not needing to indulge anymore.




Limiting my intake is another plan of mine - just one plateful and not having seconds.  When I do this I am not full right away, but within about 30 minutes I feel great and am really glad I stopped.


I don't know where I developed the idea that I had to eat the whole bag of candy in one sitting.  I always felt physically and mentally terrible afterward.  Especially the late night binges that keep me up and disrupt my sleep.

I am working on the new "normal" for me. 
Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

Anonymous,  February 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

I'm hoping to make what I'm doing my "lifestyle" for life. Otherwise what you said will happen. I'll go right back to my old ways.

Glad you're feeling better!

x February 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

yep go for the life long lifestyle at least for me that's been key!

Anonymous,  February 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Yeah!!! Great decision :)

I can't tell you how many Last Supper's I've had because I was going on a DIEt the next day. I too have come to the conclusion that I need to learn to eat normally once and for all.

Sophia Lee February 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

I'm excited and happy for you! "Diet" is certainly a four-letter word...it usually makes the mind just want to run off to the other direction. I hope you find and learn the most natural and healthy way to enjoy the best body you can possibly have.

Lauralei February 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

I am feeling like it is finally sinking in that diets DON'T work - takes some people longer than others :)

Anonymous,  February 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

I am very happy that you have gotten off the rollercoater. Many of my patients realized that the roller coater diet game is worthless. It draind them financially and psychologically. Keep up the great work with your articles and please stop by my health blog sometime. The web address is http://healthy-nutrition-facts.blogspot.com/.

Lauralei February 17, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

thanks for visiting Davon - your website is very informative

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP