The Beck Diet Solution - Day 7

Friday

 The Beck Diet - day 7

The set-up of the book is a six-week plan. Week 1 is laying the groundwork, where you pick 2 diets. Week 2 is getting prepared to diet, Week 3 is starting the diet, Week 4 looks into responding to sabotaging thoughts, Week 5 is about overcoming challenges, such as staying in control when you go out to eat, and Week 6 is fine tuning things.

All-in-all, I'd have to say that its a great resource to address the psycholgical side of eating. There's no magic to it, just a little looking inside yourself and addressing any barriers you have that may be holding you back.


Day 7 – Arrange Your Environment

For the final day of the week, you have to arrange your environment so it’s optimal for weight loss.  This means getting rid of left over "junk" that is not good for you to eat and won't be a temptation.   So eliminate trigger foods from your home and work environments. 

This would also be a good time to make sure your workout clothes and equipment, exercise videos, etc are within reach.


Preparation is the key!

The Complete Beck Diet for Life: The Five-Stage Program for Permanent Weight Loss 
Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Kattie99 January 30, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

Hi :)
I never seen a fridge so packed before. I always buy food for the week and if I eat all that food then I'm out of luck. I just started doing that. I think being on a diet is a mental contest. I know at times I don't feel hungry but I'm craving food that taste good but I know I shouldn't eat it. I'm trying hard to stick with my current diet while I'm at work but it's hard, mentally. Especially when other people are eating foods that smell and look really good. It's a battle for sure.

Lauralei January 30, 2010 at 1:57 AM  

kattie - thanks for the comment - what diet are you currently on? I am on day 4 of the atkins, low carb, high protein - and starting to get my energy back and not craving too much.

Kattie99 January 30, 2010 at 2:06 AM  

I'm a vegetarian and recently I just started eating only salads while I'm at work. It's been working for the past two weeks. I've saved more money as well. I use to get veggie sandwiches, pizza, veggie burgers and fries, anything that was good and fast to make.

Lauralei January 30, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

I would think being a vegetarian would save money in itself :) with me being on the high protein - it is expensive - my daughter-in-law is a vegetarian and she does quite well

Kattie99 January 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

Sometimes buying food is very expensive. It all depends on what store I go to buy food. Right now I'm hooked on morning star and every grocery store in my area has it but only one sales each box of food for less than 4 dollars. I don't cook much which makes food shopping even more expensive at times.

Lauralei January 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

I go thru spurts with cooking - right now I am cooking more because of the restriction of the low carb - it is the best way for me to know what is really in the food - I am enjoying it for the most part

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP