Do fat free products help you to lose weight?

Friday

My quick answer is yes.  About 2 years ago I was in what I can my "fat study" at Washington University - it was a 12 week study and the basic premise was you could eat anything you wanted as long as you kept the fat content under 50 grams a day.

I tried most days to keep mine under 25 grams and in the 12 weeks I actually lost 25 pounds.  It is interesting to note that the study started out with 16 people, 2nd week 12, 3rd week, 6 and after that it was a steady 3-4 people, until the last 3 or 4 weeks - I was the only one there. It was a great study with tons of great info - they talked about portion size, exercise, etc - but when it came down to it, you could eat as much as you wanted as long as you monitored the fat.


There are some great fat free things - and my greatest find was Breyers Fat Free Double Churned ice cream - even today, I still keep this in my freezer (the personal trainer says NO ice cream - but I do it anyway).....
in fact I have one friend and our main conversation each week is who has it on sale :)

Other great finds are some ranch dressings with 1 gram of fat, some candies
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP