Strength Training - it's a beginning

Saturday

  I have just begun to study up on strength training - here is some interesting things I have found - I am going to try the lose body fat one.:


To lose body fat, build muscle: Use enough weight that you can ONLY complete 10-12 repetitions and 1 set -   at least one day between workout sessions 

For muscle gain:Use enough weight that you can ONLY complete 4-8 repetitions and 3 or more sets, resting for 1-2 minutes between sets and 2-3 days between sessions.

For health and muscular endurance: Use enough weight that you can ONLY complete 12-16 repetitions, 1-3 sets, resting 20-30 seconds between sets and at least one day between workout sessions. To determine how much weight you should use, start with a light weight and perform one set. Continue adding weight until you can ONLY do the desired number of repetitions. The last rep should be difficult, but not impossible and you should be able to keep good form.

---- I have been using 3 pound weights and have just graduated to 5 lb - and it is a world of difference - it doesn't seem like that much, but it sure makes a difference!
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my personal journey to lose weight with diet and exercise - share with me the struggles and successes along the way - I look forward to your comments, suggestions and encouragements.

I would love to exchange links with other websites in the health and diet categories.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP